The Ashes: Ben Stokes says nearly choked on tablet in hotel room, ‘Thought this might be the end’

The Ashes: Ben Stokes says nearly choked on tablet in hotel room, ‘Thought this might be the end’

England all-rounder Ben Stokes revealed that he almost choked on a tablet and later was struck by a ball during training on his forearm, leading him to think that it might be broken, all on the same day. Stokes said that he had choked on the tablet on Sunday morning and was struck on the arm by a ball from England batting coach and former batter Jonathan Trott.

“Until it actually came out, I thought this might be the end,” said Stokes in his column for Daily Mirror. “I was on my own in my room and I couldn’t breathe as it became lodged and started to dissolve. It felt like my mouth was on fire.

“Without going into too much detail I have never seen as much saliva as I did on Sunday morning, it was a genuinely frightening experience.”

The 30-year-old then said that he was given another scare when he took a ball to his forearm during practice that left him in excruciating pain.

“I couldn’t lift it… I thought it was broken,” Stokes added. “Thankfully the pain and reaction settled down once I was back in the dressing room and the physios could be sure it wasn’t actually a break.

“It was only after I got back to my hotel room that I took stock of what a day I’d had. The adrenaline had worn off and I was exhausted. Happy that I’m here to tell the tale, but hoping that my pre-Test dramas are now over.”

CosmoNews

Comments are closed.

CosmoNews@2020. All Rights Reserved