The World Health Organisation (WHO) has released a video showing UN doctors evacuating patients by torchlight at Nasser Hospital in south Gaza’s Khan Younis, which was raided by Israeli troops last week, BBC News reported.
The video, released on Sunday, shows medical officers describing the damage to the facilities at the second-biggest hospital in Gaza, with one UN doctor calling it a “death zone”.
On Monday, the Hamas-run Gaza health ministry said 14 patients had been transferred to other hospitals.
The Israeli military said its troops have been asked to stay put at Nasser Hospital and keep the facility running, according to BBC News.
On February 15, the Israeli military conducted raids on Nasser Hospital and called it “precise and limited”.
It said the raid was based on information that Hamas terrorists were hiding and had kept hostages in the facility, with some bodies of captives possibly there.
The hospital raid came amid the war that began on October 7, 2023, when Hamas sent fighters into Israel, killing 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and seizing 253 hostages according to Israeli tallies.
Israel’s air and ground offensive has since devastated tiny, crowded Gaza, killing over 29,000 people, according to health authorities, and forcing nearly all of its more than two million inhabitants from their homes.